RANGE LOCATION: We shoot at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility just West of I-17 on Carefree Highway.
- The Ben Avery Shooting Facility is owned and operated by the Arizona Game and Fish Department and is the largest publicly operated shooting facility in the country.
- Ben Avery Shooting Facility Address: 4044 W. Black Canyon Blvd., Phoenix, Arizona
- From Phoenix, go north om I-17 to Carefree Highway (exit 223). Go west over the freeway overpass. The range entrance will be on the right.
- You can find us on the Practical Pistol Ranges. See the Map HERE.
WHEN: Our matches are the Second Saturday of each month.
- During the Winter months of October through April, registration starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 8:45 AM. The Shooters meeting is at 9:00 AM with hammers down shortly thereafter.
- During the Summer months of May through September, registration starts at 7:00 AM and ends at 7:45 AM. The Shooters meeting is at 8:00 AM with hammers down shortly thereafter
SETUP: Setup is the Friday before each match and starts early at 7:30. For those of you who arrive earlier, use the East gate as BA starts opening all gates at 7:00 am and the West gates are the last to open. Arrive at 7:30 am, and the West gates should be open.
Budget and Fee Structure
Ben Avery has imposed extra fees and costs on all who use the facility effective July 1, 2021. The ACSA Board has developed a match fee schedule, a budget, and other policy changes to minimize the impact of these costs on our membership. The 2021 fees, budget and other changes may be found HERE.